The City of Angels

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Right now I am sitting in DFW waiting for our connecting flight home from Los Angeles.  I had an amazing past 4 days, spending two with Brian Oldham who was just a blast.   What a blessing it all was.  Brian and I spent Tuesday shooting from 10:30 in the morning until dusk.  We went from everywhere from the mountains, forest, and the beach.  He helped me with techniques for shooting self portraits which I will definitely be using and of course sharing the outcome.  Then yesterday (Friday), we spent the day editing and eating (good day for sure)


Here is my new favorite self portrait and actually one of my favorite photos I have yet to take.  To me, this represents the focus and pressure we put on people who are suffering.  Whether it be celebrities' attention from the whole world or just the pressure to fit in in school (I can relate to that one but not so much the first one).  I know you can relate this image into something you have felt and gone through at some point in your life.

The Constraints of Enclosure
During the workshop we also recreated the very captivating untitled piece of Brian's you can see here.  Well here is our recreation of it..

Brian has been such an inspiration to me since I began pursuing photography and it was definitely a dream come true to get to know him and work with him.  

Post a Comment