Making of "The Occult Conservatory"

Friday, July 11, 2014

Post photo shoot selfie! :)
Being from southwest Missouri, the first thing that comes to my mind when I decide that I want to make a large flower skirt is chicken wire.  Little bit southern, wouldn't you say?  The skirt took a total of 12 hours for Ravon and I to complete with only 2 hours to spare before the shoot.  This shoot was such a dream come true for me.  The location is all I could ever ask for, the gorgeous Ravon modeled for me and there is no way I could have made the costume without her either, and the costume was absolutely beautiful and incredibly unique.  
Pretty as can be on location and shooting away.
It might be a few days before I have the photos edited and ready to reveal to you lovely people so for the time being I was hoping I could show you just a glimpse of what went on behind the scenes to make this shoot happen.

All of our materials before we started working.
Finally got all those pieces of chicken wire into skirt shape!
First 6 hour shift: Done!
Jungle girl Ray Ray in yoga pants (of course) and a leaf top?
 For me, this was not only a shoot.  It was learning how to work with someone else who may not have the same mental vision as I do but accepting their idea because it is simply better.  In the photography community, there are two types of people.

1. The people who want to learn from others and grow as  a whole
2. The people who think they know best because they are the photographer.

Yes, I am guilty of being type 2 maybe a little more than I should but thats what is so great about working with new people all the time.  You learn different lessons from each experience with someone new.  I am so fortunate to have my friends model for me and that we can cherish these memories and have some pretty cool photos to show for them, too.

 I am lucky enough to have supportive friends and family who love to encourage my creative side and help challenge me along the way and if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be going through this photography journey still.  It would have ended soon after it started, in all honesty.  But like I said, I am blessed to have people in my life that will gladly work with me, encourage me, and inspire me just by the way they live their lives.

God bless. xoxo
too. much. smoke. *coughs forever*

Post a Comment